Car with keyless ignition might have been left running at West Boca home, killing a couple with carbon monoxide

Tagged with:
Missing in FARS > News

Adele Ridless and Mort Victor had their bags packed Thursday but never made their flight. The couple was found dead in their home in the Boca Pointe community, and authorities suspect the culprit was a car left running in the garage.

Firefighters detected high levels of carbon monoxide Thursday afternoon when they entered the home on Travelers Tree Drive, west of Boca Raton. That invisible, odorless gas likely killed Ridless, 69, and her 79-year-old boyfriend, thePalm Beach CountySheriff's Office said.

Several neighbors believe a Mercedes in their garage had keyless ignition, a push-button feature found on cars linked to carbon monoxide deaths and injuries in at least four states.

Click here to view the full article from the Orlando Sentinel